Electric Lawn Mower
In today’s market the electric lawn mower is the most popular
type of powered mower. The main driving forces behind the popularity
of the electric lawn mower are the fact that they tend to be considerably
lighter than petrol mowers and that they are also a good deal cheaper.
Advantages of an electric powered lawn mower
- They are relatively light and so are easier to manoeuvre and
push. This means that a greater number of people are able to safely
use them and that after mowing the operator is less worn out.
- Electric mowers are considerably quieter than petrol mowers
meaning that anyone else enjoying the garden (and your neighbours)
will prefer an electric mower.
- The maintenance costs tend to be less than petrol mowers.
Disadvantages of the electric lawn mower
- Electric mowers are chained to a mains socket. Make sure your
extension cable can reach to the furthest point in your lawn.
Extension cables should not exceed about 70m in length.
- There is a danger of cutting through the cable which could
cause electrocution. If using an electric mains powered mower
(or strimmer / trimmer) then make sure that the mower is plugged
into a circuit breaker.
- Electric mowers do not tend to be as powerful as their petrol